Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas Album | Catching Up Plan...

I'm always in the same boat. Since I spend part of December away from my stash, I always have some part of the album to do after Christmas. The amount of days might vary slightly from year to year though. This year it's even worse as I have also been very ill for several weeks...

So I thought I would share my strategy which I use every time...

I make sure I take photos every day during December. Since I have a pretty good memory, the photos remind me of the stories I want to write. This year I have 3 days when I was literally too ill to even pick up the camera. Fortunately on the 3rd day I asked someone else to take some photos. The other days I will just have to work with anyway...

So my next strategy is this: take my album and flick through it from where I need to start (the date which I last made a page for). I will go through the pages one by one (since they are all different sizes) and at the same time go through each photo folder (=one day at a time) on my computer. I will have a pad next to me where I will write down which photos I want to use for which day, what size I want them printed at and how many photos I want for each day. Also I will write down the "subject" for that day.

So my list might say:
20th Dec "Wrapping The Presents" 2 photos at 10x15 cm - portrait and one 10x7,5 - portrait.

This is what I aim to do this weekend. Work out what photos and what size I need and what goes on which page. This list will then make it SOOOO much easier to finish the pages. Just work along it page by page when I have some spare time and get it done that way :) It will just take whatever time it takes and I'm happy with that. :)

I normally finish my album in February and this year it will definitely be the case that I can't finish in January...

Hope this was of help to some of you who might also have pages to finish. If you do, I'd love to hear from you and what strategies *you* have for finishing :)

2 comments:

Mariangeles M said...

I'm still working in my Xmas too, and I also will finish it in Feb after my exams :)

A big hug from Spain,
Mariangeles

fatmonica said...

Look forward to seeing the finished album!