Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fun With Beads...

I've done some more playing with the cute Over The Rainbow kit that I mentioned earlier in the week...

My little niece loves beads... making necklaces and bracelets. Who doesn't? :) But all kids bead kits are so limited. Yes they might have pretty boxes with lots of compartments & beads sorted into colour groups. But when you stop and look at how many beads you actually get (not so much!) for what you pay it's not so good. And of course I want her to get LOTS of beads! So instead we bought some big packs of pretty beads plus some elasticated cord and an empty pink box...

As we got home I came up with the idea of personalising it with her name and some pretty flowers. This is what I started off with:

And here's the finished box:

[Digital Supplies: Maths Class Alpha - Kate Hadfield, Over The Rainbow - Kate Hadfield, Studio Flergs (both from the Lilypad)]


I'm pretty sure she's going to love it and I can't wait to give it to her when we see her next :)

1 comment:

fatmonica said...

It looks great-I'm sure she'll absolutely love it!