Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Celebrate The Moments" Layout Class...

Supplies needed:
My Little Shoebox – Wonderful/Tanisha
My Little Shoebox – Who’s There/Wise Old Owl
Bella Blvd – Rainbow Ribbons
Technique Tuesday/Ali Edwards stamps – Everyday Words
Pink and Aqua jewels (I used Kaiser)
Maya Road – Zoo Animals Stamps
StazOn inkpad – Black
One sheet of white cardstock

Also needed:
Black charcoal inkpad (optional)
Woodware 3 inch Square punch (optional)
Glue (I use Herma removable)
Black journaling pen (I use 0.5 Zig Millennium)
Corner Rounder Punch (I use the green Ek Success one)

This is a great way of using up all those every day random photos that might not “fit” on a specific layout…

Start by cutting your white cardstock to size. I scrap in true A4 size, so I cut mine to 29,7x21 centimetres (cm). Please feel free to adapt to another layout size if you prefer. 8.5x11 or 12x12 would work great for this too.

Pick your photos. I’m using 5 photos. We’ll be working with
9 squares so you can have up to nine photos. I have 5 photos so I’m using 4 squares of patterned paper. If you have 6 photos then you’d use 3 patterned paper squares and so on. Punch out your squares using the Woodware punch, or alternatively cut squares that are 5,3 x 5,3 cm.

Play around with the squares on your cardstock until you’re happy with the order. Use your corner punch on each of the outside corners of your 9x9 grid. (The top left photo has the top left corner rounded, the top right photo has the top right corner rounded and so on).

Use some ink on the edges of the patterned paper pieces and glue everything into place. My top squares start 3,8 cm from the top of the layout and I have an approx gap of 0,8 cm between the squares.

Stamp the title. I split mine between the top of the layout and one of the squares. Stamp the elephant at the bottom of your grid.

Finish off by adding some jewels and drawing around the grid…keep this nice and relaxed and go for a slightly uneven look on purpose.

I hope you enjoyed my class! Wishing you lots of fun creating your own version!

No comments: