Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Can't Get Enough Of My Kindle...

I've been doing lots of digital scrapping Creative Team work today. One of the things I decided to scrap was my love for my Kindle... which I really didn't quite expect to get that HUGE! Anyway, here's what I did...

[Supplies used: Penny Pincher - Kate Hadfield, Splash-Tastic! - Kate Hadfield, St Paddy's Pranks - Kate Hadfield, Simple Singles Templates - Gina Miller, Shabby Krafts 2 - Amy Wolff
{Tiddly Winks} Ruffles, Ribbons & Strings - Amber Clegg (all from the Lilypad)]

And my journaling goes like this...

*****

I was so unsure when I placed my order. Was it the right thing to do or not? I love the feeling of REAL books, would I miss them too much? I instantly loved my Kindle when it arrived and felt it was a good purchase. Then fast forward 2 months and I had a few unread paperbacks which I had bought just before I ordered my Kindle. I said to myself that I HAD to read these before I read another Kindle book. And this was when it really hit me. I was reading these paperbacks and all I could think about was that I wanted to read on my Kindle. I really was dying to read on my Kindle again! BIG eye opener!! I forced myself to read all the paperbacks but honestly, I was sooooo happy when I was back reading on my Kindle again. And I could never ever have guessed this back in January when I was wondering whether to buy a Kindle or not! I’m still kinda amazed in a way. I still love real paper books but I love my Kindle books so much too!
June 2010

1 comment:

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Wow! I really like this layout--will have to do one for my Nook soon.

I'm a bigtime bookworm, too. I kept holding out because of the tactile feel, the SMELL of books. And, well, now I'm addicted. LOL

I really like this layout and the colors and pieces you used. Fan-darn-tastic!