Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tips For iTunes/iPod Playlists?...

I need some advice when it comes to making iTunes playlists... But first a little look at the layout I made yesterday for the Lilypad Creative Team:

[Supplies: Scrap Pad - Polly Love 4 - Amy Martin, Autumn Radiance - Amy Wolff, Clipping Masks - Cinnamon Designs, Shape Templates Circles - Emily Merritt, Fancy Schmancy Frames 4 - Karah Fredricks, Tall & Skinny Alpha - Kate Hadfield (all from The Lilypad), Brittany - Darcy Baldwin (font) (from SSD)]

Now: Playlists. I'm going to have to admit that I have never made an iTunes/iPod "playlist" in my life. Every few months I keep getting this idea that I really should take some time and sit down to make some. I see people blogging about making playlists and it reminds me yet again that I have not tried this. And where do I stumble? Not on the actual practical ways of doing it (I'm pretty sure it's very easy, and if not, I can Google how to create playlists). But I stumble on the fact that I really don't know where to begin when it comes to choosing songs!! Sounds silly? It does to me at least. I just really don't know where to start. I'm sure some people think I'm crazy saying that...

I think it might have something to do with my film memory (this being similar) being useless. I see a good film and I like it. Trying to remember what a certain film was like or what it was about a few months later (Harry Potter being an exception!) and... I just can't. Same with songs. I love music and I hear great songs that I like to listen to and enjoy. But ask me to list my top 20 fave songs by title and I'd get about one LOL! Hopefully now "my problem" makes a bit more sense? :) So any advice or tips on what to do (where to start?) when it comes to choosing songs please...? I really, really want to have a play with this and I'm so stuck on starting that it's silly...

2 comments:

Liberty :) said...

I find it hard too. What I do is listen to my whole library, then skip past songs I'm not that keen on and then copy the best ones into a play list. Or I have "summer playlist" etc. with summer songs. Good luck!

April said...

I sit down and do pretty much what liberty does. Let's say I want a scrapping playlist. As I'm listening to my library, I say to myself "oh, I love this song when I'm scrappin'" and add it in. If I'm not in the mood to listen to a particular song (let's say it's my Nutcracker CD and it's more falling asleep or holiday music) then I skip it in my library and it doesn't make the cut. If I want to focus on music for working out, then I'll focus on the upbeat, push yourself to the limit, music - maybe throw some good angry metal or rock in there - but certainly not my Phantom of the Opera music (unless it's cool down time) . . .

Good luck making your playlist!~april