Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Answers...

I know I have been really bad with replying to questions. Nearly every day AFTER I have made my blog post I have remembered that, yet again, I have forgotten the questions - sorry!

Max - asked me a while back about why I was selling my Bind-It-All when I love it so much? I have made a little graphic that explains it:

Yep I sold it to buy the pink version 2. And no, I know some people have/are buying this just because it's pink but I have not. I'm a green girl not a pink girl ;) I wanted it because I wanted to be able to punch holes through thicker covers. I loved my blue BIA very much and I was sad to see it go...I might even prefer the blue colour to the pink...

Next question was from...

Marja - who asked me how I embossed the whole 12" length of paper on this layout with my Cuttlebug. And yes I do get the marks from it pushing in the previously embossed section too - I don't think you can avoid this. What I do to remove it, the best I can, is this: I start by embossing a section at one end. Then very carefully line it up (I think I overlap one "pattern row") and keep embossing the whole piece. Then I take an embossing tool (you know...with little "balls" at each end?), put my piece carefully into the open embossing folder (the side where the pattern goes inwards) and then use my embossing tool to carefully push these "flattened" sections back into shape again. Hope the explanation makes sense :)

Then another question from...

Kelly - she wanted to know if I had any tips for working on the big rug as she's just bought a tree skirt kit too (I'm making mine into a rug and not a skirt...if anyone is wondering about the word swap). The best tips I can give is to read the instructions properly before you start. Sort your beads/sequins into little sections in a box or something (to make them easy to work with) and most of all, cut out each piece AS YOU NEED it..otherwise you will lose track on which piece belongs to which number etc. Good luck & have fun :)

And finally...

Kat - wants to know if it's a Bucilla tree skirt that I'm doing. It is indeed. :) You can see part of the packaging in the first picture in this post. It's called "Gingerbread House".

(Layout/text etc is very straight in reality! LOL!)

This is yet another layout make for the BPS class. I just did a quick funny one with some photos that mum & dad had e-mailed me the same morning. Sorry about the photo...I just hate taking photos of layouts with white backgrounds. I always get this gradual weird shading making the background cardstock look anything but white LOL!

No comments: