Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Loving Making My Journal...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised as I love Christmas, but I'm having so much fun making my Christmas journal and using all the yummy Christmas stash!! :) As you might know I'm making a mixed size journal this time. I'd been dying to try a mixed format for a while now and this is my first time. My page for the 2nd of December is the same size as my first page (because it goes on the back of it). This page was all about Christmas weather and your expectations etc.

For yesterday's page (3rd - it was all about Christmas cards) I decided to do something totally different and just use a standard photo (15x10 cm/6x4 inches) as the base of my page. So I picked two photos and glued the back-to-back. I stapled a tab with the date on the right edge and added some stickers and writing! This was so fun to make and I definitely will make some more pages photo-background-based :)

Right I'm off to put together a little notebook for journaling. It's for the days of this Christmas journal when I don't have access to my stash - that way I can still do the journaling on the right day and then refer to that when I catch up on the pages. I figured if I made myself a pretty little notebook I'm more likely to use it :)

3 comments:

Kath said...

A friend sent me a link to your "exploding box" class, and I loved it. So I decided to read more for additional inspiration.

I was especially caught by your stash diet, which I think I will implement as soon as Christmas is over (when I will allow myself to splurge on all the great papers and embellishments.

You've inspired me to do more journaling, something that I thought I wouldn't need to do much of, as of course I'd remember details. But I have two kids, and all the events are starting to blur. So journaling has become a priority.

Your Christmas journal looks great! I love the pictures as the page.

Laura said...

I am very impressed that you got your OH making Crimbo cards! Mine won't come near paper and scissors!

Fab page, I love the whole photo look!

Jennie Skaggs said...

Hi...I love your blog. :) I sneak back every now and then. I love this set of pictures of Ross working with you. My dh has made me a couple of cards...but we haven't done it together yet. Maybe next year. Love the cards. They are gorgeous. I ended up doing a newsletter with pictures of a couple of cards.

Hope to see more of your work...thanks for sharing. Jennie