Thursday, December 06, 2007

5th of Dec page...

Advent..now I could have journaled about lots of different Swedish advent traditions that we have, but I choose to pick the advent calendar tree which I made (=decorated!) a few weeks back. Why? Because I'm hoping that this will become part of a new tradition, where we unpack the tree every year, fill the little drawers with chocolates and have it as our advent calendar :)

The page is 8x8 in size today. Well actually yesterday...if you see what I mean LOL! I normally make the pages on the right day (this page was made yesterday) but by the time I have finished, with the winter darkness coming so early, I have lost all daylight and I have to wait until the next day to take my photo. Or in the case of yesterday I actually did the page in the morning and then simple forgot to take a photo! LOL! That can happen too...

Papers are from the "Love Elsie" Noel range, word stickers by Making Memories and the foam letters are American Crafts Thickers.

PS. And yes my countdown of 19 days left yesterday is correct. Christmas is celebrated on the 24th in Sweden :)

4 comments:

Nancyroo said...

eek! 19 days??!! cute page.

Anonymous said...

Hi i am curious to know if you are gluing 2 pages of card stock together to get the front and the back of the pages to be different colors.

by the way your holiday cards are so cute!

Nerdy Girl.... The Life of Linda said...

What a great idea for advent, and biggish boxes so you can fit something more interesting than chocolate in... its really lush.. and the LO definately does it justice.

Anonymous said...

Do you have directions for this wonderful advent calendar?