Saturday, September 15, 2007

Magnolia stamps...

Got my 6 Magnolia stamps in the post today (thanks Bryony for great service!) and I just wanted to have a play with them straight away. But first there were other things that needed doing. (Putting clean sheets in the bed, putting the washing on, watering plants etc etc). After that I sat down and stamped my new images onto thick watercolour paper and then grabbed my watercolour pencils.

I have had so much fun the last hour colouring in the images and making them come alive with my aqua-flow water brushes! I had no idea it would be so addictive!! LOL! I am so glad I bought my set of Caran D'Ache "Supracolor Soft" watercolouring pencils a few years ago rather than going for a £3.99-type-pack from a stationery shop. Wow do I love these watercolouring pencils!! I tried to put quite a few images in each photo on here, so unfortunately you lose a lot of the shading which doesn't show up too well in the photos.

This is what I have been doing so far:

And even Ross joined in and water coloured some images so I have to show you his cute dog and sheep too:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are just lovely Anso, such cute images. Ross did a great job too ;)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

It´s amazing how different they look when you colour them in several colours.
The dark haired girlie looks so much like my dd! She has a pajama with little "wings" like those, lol. :)

Maggie said...

These are great Anso - love how different they look - the sheep is fab :)
Just waiting for my order to arrive soon

Anonymous said...

When I saw these it inspired me to get my stamps out again and now I am working my way through 40 Christmas Cards that I never thought I would do this year.

They look great Anso, as always.

Jackie

Kara said...

These are so cute, I am loving your blog, I am very new to papercrafts and not in your bracket, but I have some great pressie ideas for my mom for xmas as she is an addict.
Love the sept book, I wish I had the time to do something like that to look back on
Kara
x