Friday, August 03, 2007

More card making...

This is another great card to make using the "Build-A-Bloom" stampset by Banana Frog. And what's the great thing you ask? That it's made using paper scraps only! I love it when I can create items from scraps only. I started with a piece of natural brown card which I folded into a greeting card. Then I picked different pieces of paper scraps which I liked from my 12x12 ziplock bag of patterned paper scraps.

I stamped the flower petal in black ink on each little paper piece and cut out around the pattern leaving a small border. Then I stamped the stem onto the card blank, glued my petals in place, stamped a title (Hero Arts stamps), drew around the petals to create a "stitched effect" and finished off with a button in the centre of the flower.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous way of using up scraps.

Corie said...

Wow, all these build a bloom cards are FANTASTIC -- love them

מיכל said...

So much fun to look at your cards. As I said before (or not, but meant to say), there is something very 'clean' (in lack of other word)and simple - in the best way there is. Your cards and your layouts are done in a smart and beautiful way, which make the viewer say "hey, I can do that".
Great!

Anonymous said...

love it!! so cool!! but can we get those stamps in the US?

Nics said...

Michal has said exactly what I think about your scrapping style... Fab fab style that seems acheivable.. I hope that makes sense..

Love this card so much.. fab use of scraps!