Thursday, June 14, 2007

Caution - wet paint...

Been working on my card for the Big Picture Scrapbooking "52 Card Pickup" class most of the day. It's this really cool background technique using paint, Mod Podge and tissue paper etc. I did something similar on the cover of last year's Christmas journal so I knew I would love the effect as soon as I read about it. I also added some beads and H2O's (though that was not in the class description).

Only negative thing is that it takes a l-o-n-g time to dry. And you have to wait for it to dry between layers too. I really thought I'd be able to upload a pic here today, but the last layer of Mod Podge is taking ages to dry...the card has got lots of white blobs on it still. So I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take a photo now. The weather is also really against me. Rain nonstop all day and it's so dark anyway that taking photos would not be great. So please come back tomorrow and I should be able to show you a pic of the finished project :)

No comments: