Sunday, November 19, 2006

Well, I got some Christmas cards done for the guest DT on Friday so I was pretty pleased with that. Hope to come up with some more things to make next week. Also I managed to do the new cardmakers dare #5. To design a card for a male person using some ribbon. This is what I came up with:


Dark brown cardstock as the base. Some scrap blue patterned paper (which I had already cut off the piece with the name on, so I have no idea about the brand - sorry). I used my sewingmachine to make a border around the card. Stamped my image onto baby blue card, used some crystal Stickles on the glasses and made a border around the image with some chalk ink and glossy accents...

I added the ric rac at the top of the paper and finally I finished off the card by punching three holes on the left side near the top (sorry, almost impossible to see in the photos) and added three lots of ribbon.

Now, time to see if I can get a layout or two done for the UKScrappers Design Team. Can't believe it's the final month...

14 comments:

jo said...

Love the card Anso. Paper is a Creative Imaginations one.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card Anso :D

Jo said...

Gorgeous card, I love sewing on cards :)

Jo xx

Kathy said...

Lovely card. Really like the combination of colours you've used.

Gillian said...

Hey there Anso,
this is a yummy card... Love those colours together.
Very Very Nice...

Rhi said...

Gorgeous card Anso, thanks for sharng :)
Rhi x

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Anso - I love that card - I haven't tried sewing on cards with my machine - only by hand.

Kelly K said...

Anso, that's a lovely card - the colours look so yummy together! I'm so jealous that you can stitch - I can't work my likkle machine :-(

Saffa said...

Well Done Anso!!


Your card is lovely, I really love the colour combination!

xxSaffa

Tracey said...

Love the card - brill! The paper is 'Sonnets - Hydreangea' (which coincidentally we actually sell!)

Lynne said...

Lovely card Anso.

Paula J Atkinson said...

So love those ribbons & that stamped design looks real classy.

Rachel said...

great card - very classy

Anonymous said...

your card is wonderful,
great job